Flexing 3-D Gel Polish
As nail artwork and soak-off gels have gotten extra stylish nowadays, Chris Mans, an educator for Bio Sculpture Gel, has developed a method to create Three-D artwork with soak-off gel solely — utilizing no glue or acrylic.
“All you need is a versatile gel and a less-flexible gel like Bio Sculpture Clear Gel (versatile) and S-Gel (much less versatile),” says Mans.
“You first create a flexible gel sheet by painting layers of clear and color soak-off gel on wax paper. When you cure this it gives you a sheet of gel that is flexible enough to fold into various pieces like bows, ribbons, flowers, and more.”
By chopping and folding the gel sheet this system can be utilized to create infinite items of artwork that may be adhered to a nail. Because the gel sheets are semi-flexible, the gel received’t break or crack, it is going to merely bend when it’s bumped. Here’s how one can make a versatile Three-D gel bow.
1. On wax paper, or paper from a nail kind, apply a really skinny, even layer of versatile clear gel (Bio Sculpture Clear Gel). Fan the bristles and paint in each route to make sure a superbly even layer of gel. Cure for 30 seconds underneath a UV mild. Make positive your sheet is a minimum of 1/2-in. by 1/2-in.
2. Apply two very skinny layers of coloration gel in the identical format, brushing strokes from each route, and treatment every layer for 30 seconds.
Three. Apply a skinny layer of versatile clear gel and treatment for 30 seconds. Remove from the paper backing. Wipe each side to take away the cheesy layer.
four. Cut the sheet right into a rectangle equivalent to the specified measurement of your bow.
5. Fold each edges alongside the lengthy sides inward to satisfy within the center. Use a steel spatula to assist information an ideal fold.
6. Once each side are folded in, fold the sheet down the middle in the other way.
7. Use tweezers to pinch the middle of the fold. Apply a drop of much less versatile gel (Bio Sculpture S-Gel) within the heart fold and treatment for 30 seconds. A more durable gel should be used to behave as glue in an effort to preserve the bow from unfolding.
eight. Keep pinching the middle and apply a drop of much less versatile gel behind the fold. Cure for 30 seconds.
9. Once you’ve gotten the form of the bow, calmly pinch the perimeters downwards to create a fragile puffy bow that contours to the nail. Cure for 2 minutes to maintain all folds in place.
10. Flexible Three-D gel artwork is finest adhered to a completed nail: Use a nail artwork brush to use a small drop of much less versatile gel (Bio Sculpture S-Gel) the place the bow might be adhered. Place the bow and treatment for 2 minutes. Add further S-Gel over the middle of the bow to safe the underside and ensure it stays in place. Be inventive and place gems or studs within the heart of the bow.